Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why You Should Get A Crate For Your Puppy?

Hi,

When I first bought Jack, my beagle puppy, for my son 11 years ago, one of the things that I bought besides puppy food, a toy, leach, drinking bowl and food bowl was a plastic crate.

Why a Crate?

Well, where would you put the puppy to sleep at night?

A paper box or cut-board, on top of a towel, your bed.....?

It so happened that my puppy was brought in from Australia into Singapore, so it flew in on a special dog crate meant for it.

I bought a similar dog crate and Jack has been sleeping in one since then.

Here is a photo of Jack's first night at home :


You would notice that the plastic crate can be separated into top and bottom half and there is also a metallic door or gate.

I bought the biggest size crate as the puppy would grow bigger in size so I need not have to upgrade or buy another one when the time came.

Having a crate will also see to it that the puppy can sleep in comfort and security and will not move around unnecessary during the night.

You are not advised to crate it the whole day though as the puppy need to exercise and explore his new home.

During the day, Jack was allowed to roam around the garden but under our watchful eyes as he was young and have no fear for danger; just like our own young kids or babies. Once Jack has enough of exercise, it was safe to put him back into his crate as he does sleep a lot too.


This is a quick introduction to the need for a crate.

I will share with you more benefits of crate training your puppy dog in my next postings.


Jack chewing on his cloth bone.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment